My blog about having a girlfriend with some true horrors in her past, and a bit of a journey as to how we may or may not overcome them together., and what it's like to date someone like her.
Monday, 23 September 2013
Post four, apologies for the broken promise
I start with an apology, I was meant to write more about the past as detailed in post 3, however a few events have come to light since then which have pushed it from my mind. As i said I write this to vent what I feel so sometime emotions run high.
Right now things are a bit tricky. Events have conspired against W once again. It feels like since I knew her it has always been a case of just as she thinks she's got thourgh something, a hurdle comes up. It began last week with windows. You'd think it was fairly simple to get new windows considering how terrible the current ones are, all steamed up in between the panels and rotting wooden frames but no. Its one of those joint ownership things, so depsite the fact that when they shut you can see daylight in the gap and they darken the room where they've steamed up the housing assoctiation want letters from everyone to say its ok to do and £100 for the priviledge of saying it's ok. GREAT! Just what she needs. To make matters worse one of her kittens has gone missing, and despite my best assurances that cats do this and being sure she'll come back W cannot help but blame herself. It doesn't help no cat she has ever had has done this before.
She is staying at mine tonight. Normally we see each other weekends and wednesdays, but I worry about her mental state. Stress and anxiety can trigger the flashbacks so I'd rather she's with me where she feels safe, and is away form anything sharp, in case it all gets too much.
On the upside, she did talk about her visions of the little girl recently. On Friday me and my housemate had a bit of a lads evening watching films,eating and drinking, and she came over as we were winding up. She was very sleepy and started to talk to him about her visions of the girl in the corner. A bit unexpected, as far as I know she doesn't discuss this with many people, but maybe thats progress? I don't know. I hope so. It is frustrating I can't just "cure it" like i can cure a sticky door lock or a blown light bulb, but then, she is much more complex than one of those, and the experts have all failed so far, apart from one who is brilliant.
I will write more in the next few days to see how the cat saga progresses. I hope she comes back, even I liked the cat and I am cycnical of them as pets, you don't buy a cat you rent it in the hope it stays....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment