My blog about having a girlfriend with some true horrors in her past, and a bit of a journey as to how we may or may not overcome them together., and what it's like to date someone like her.
Friday, 13 September 2013
First post and introduction
Hi there.
Apologies for the obvious title, but I guess this is what this post is.
So my name is H (naturally I wish to remain anonymous!)and I am currently dating a girl we'll call W. I want to use this blog to get out some of the emotions that build up when you're dating someone like W. As the post would suggest, W is a very damaged case, which is odd really because in my years I've dated my girls who claimed they were "damaged" and yet W is the most cheery of the bunch. I think for me half the battle is that she is so normal you sometimes forget the true horrors she has experienced in life.
I apologise now if anyeone finds this disturbing, but I need to talk to someone who doesn't know her and can never get in touch with her, so cowering behind an anonymous blog seems the best way.
W was gang raped, and then later on raped by a person she confided this information into. This has given W the sort of mental scaring that me with my priviligded upbringing can hardly comprehend. Well i say privliged, that never happened to me! she has been left mentally and physically scarred and with a list of mental illnesses long enough to keep half the NHS in our area busy, as well as the first time round being made pregnant and then miscarrying.
Of course they were never caught, usually the first thing a victim wants to do is wash and hide away for weeks, so by then any "evidence" is old, and prosecution only likely if the DNA is on the file or she got a description. Given it was dark and they wore hoods this won't happen. the second guy is known to a few people, he will get what is coming to him but after the first one she didnt want to pursue for prosecution as she had a mental relapse of the first time while it happened so she was "out of it", and it would be easy for him to claim it was consensual, or at the very least make it her word against his, and would you send a man down for 8 years based on that?!?
Well, thats introductions over. I'm sure for any readers there will be more questions than answers, so feel free to comment and ask any questions, and under my veil of anonymity I will answer. All you need to know is I live in a territory that is part of the UK, and I want to be a good blogger, so I will return soon to post more, hopefully over the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment